Dec 10, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
Curtis Granderson was just formally introduced as the newest New York Met. And, having just left the employ of the New York Yankees, lobbed a bomb that you know the tabloids are going to run with like crazy:
“A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans”
Granderson is smart and funny and knows what he’s doing, and personally I think this is great fun. That won’t stop it from angering some folks, I assume. And of course it should play well next Subway Series.
Welcome to Queens, Curtis.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)