Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that they are currently considering trading Trevor Cahill and Tyler Skaggs to the Angels for Trumbo. Which, really, seems like an overpay for power. Skaggs’ numbers in Triple-A and the bigs aren’t fantastic, but he’s just 22 and is one of the better pitching prospects in the game. Cahill is the capable sort of veteran starter that the Angels desperately need in the middle of the rotation.
As for Choo, the Dbacks would certainly have to pay a lot of money. Some have speculated that he’s going to get Carl Crawford money — something like $140 million — which is what happens when the outfielder market is so thin on talent. Choo, of course, is a nice piece at the top of a lineup given his on-base ability, and he has some pop as well. Open question if the Dbacks would think of him as a leadoff guy the way the Reds did, however.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)