Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that they are currently considering trading Trevor Cahill and Tyler Skaggs to the Angels for Trumbo. Which, really, seems like an overpay for power. Skaggs’ numbers in Triple-A and the bigs aren’t fantastic, but he’s just 22 and is one of the better pitching prospects in the game. Cahill is the capable sort of veteran starter that the Angels desperately need in the middle of the rotation.
As for Choo, the Dbacks would certainly have to pay a lot of money. Some have speculated that he’s going to get Carl Crawford money — something like $140 million — which is what happens when the outfielder market is so thin on talent. Choo, of course, is a nice piece at the top of a lineup given his on-base ability, and he has some pop as well. Open question if the Dbacks would think of him as a leadoff guy the way the Reds did, however.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)