Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that they are currently considering trading Trevor Cahill and Tyler Skaggs to the Angels for Trumbo. Which, really, seems like an overpay for power. Skaggs’ numbers in Triple-A and the bigs aren’t fantastic, but he’s just 22 and is one of the better pitching prospects in the game. Cahill is the capable sort of veteran starter that the Angels desperately need in the middle of the rotation.
As for Choo, the Dbacks would certainly have to pay a lot of money. Some have speculated that he’s going to get Carl Crawford money — something like $140 million — which is what happens when the outfielder market is so thin on talent. Choo, of course, is a nice piece at the top of a lineup given his on-base ability, and he has some pop as well. Open question if the Dbacks would think of him as a leadoff guy the way the Reds did, however.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)