Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
Jon Heyman reports that they are currently considering trading Trevor Cahill and Tyler Skaggs to the Angels for Trumbo. Which, really, seems like an overpay for power. Skaggs’ numbers in Triple-A and the bigs aren’t fantastic, but he’s just 22 and is one of the better pitching prospects in the game. Cahill is the capable sort of veteran starter that the Angels desperately need in the middle of the rotation.
As for Choo, the Dbacks would certainly have to pay a lot of money. Some have speculated that he’s going to get Carl Crawford money — something like $140 million — which is what happens when the outfielder market is so thin on talent. Choo, of course, is a nice piece at the top of a lineup given his on-base ability, and he has some pop as well. Open question if the Dbacks would think of him as a leadoff guy the way the Reds did, however.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)