Dec 10, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
Presumably the Diamondbacks would use Chamberlain as a reliever given that he hasn’t started a game since 2009. He had a 4.93 ERA in 42 innings this year and his 38/26 K/BB ratio wasn’t any more encouraging, but Chamberlain’s average fastball still clocked in at 94.7 miles per hour.
Chamberlain hasn’t topped 50 innings in a season with an ERA under 4.00 since 2008, when he was a 22-year-old rookie, but despite seemingly being around forever he’s only 28 years old.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 22
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)