Dec 10, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
Presumably the Diamondbacks would use Chamberlain as a reliever given that he hasn’t started a game since 2009. He had a 4.93 ERA in 42 innings this year and his 38/26 K/BB ratio wasn’t any more encouraging, but Chamberlain’s average fastball still clocked in at 94.7 miles per hour.
Chamberlain hasn’t topped 50 innings in a season with an ERA under 4.00 since 2008, when he was a 22-year-old rookie, but despite seemingly being around forever he’s only 28 years old.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)