Dec 10, 2013, 4:02 PM EST
Presumably the Diamondbacks would use Chamberlain as a reliever given that he hasn’t started a game since 2009. He had a 4.93 ERA in 42 innings this year and his 38/26 K/BB ratio wasn’t any more encouraging, but Chamberlain’s average fastball still clocked in at 94.7 miles per hour.
Chamberlain hasn’t topped 50 innings in a season with an ERA under 4.00 since 2008, when he was a 22-year-old rookie, but despite seemingly being around forever he’s only 28 years old.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 3
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 53
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)