Dec 10, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
Presumably the Diamondbacks would use Chamberlain as a reliever given that he hasn’t started a game since 2009. He had a 4.93 ERA in 42 innings this year and his 38/26 K/BB ratio wasn’t any more encouraging, but Chamberlain’s average fastball still clocked in at 94.7 miles per hour.
Chamberlain hasn’t topped 50 innings in a season with an ERA under 4.00 since 2008, when he was a 22-year-old rookie, but despite seemingly being around forever he’s only 28 years old.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 41
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)