Dec 10, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
David Price of the Rays, Chris Sale of the White Sox and Jeff Samardzija of the Cubs are some of the names that have been frequently suggested, but ESPN’s Buster Olney says the Snakes are also “talking about” the Indians’ Justin Masterson.
Masterson finished the 2013 season with a superb 3.45 ERA and he fanned 195 batters in 193 innings. Control is still an issue for the big 28-year-old, but he’s durable and boasts top-end-starter potential.
Masterson is arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter. He can become a free agent next winter.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 5
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)