Dec 10, 2013, 6:43 PM EST
David Price of the Rays, Chris Sale of the White Sox and Jeff Samardzija of the Cubs are some of the names that have been frequently suggested, but ESPN’s Buster Olney says the Snakes are also “talking about” the Indians’ Justin Masterson.
Masterson finished the 2013 season with a superb 3.45 ERA and he fanned 195 batters in 193 innings. Control is still an issue for the big 28-year-old, but he’s durable and boasts top-end-starter potential.
Masterson is arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter. He can become a free agent next winter.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)