Dec 10, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
David Price of the Rays, Chris Sale of the White Sox and Jeff Samardzija of the Cubs are some of the names that have been frequently suggested, but ESPN’s Buster Olney says the Snakes are also “talking about” the Indians’ Justin Masterson.
Masterson finished the 2013 season with a superb 3.45 ERA and he fanned 195 batters in 193 innings. Control is still an issue for the big 28-year-old, but he’s durable and boasts top-end-starter potential.
Masterson is arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter. He can become a free agent next winter.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 12
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 54
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (181)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)