Dec 10, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Reported yesterday that he was being viewed by more teams as a “Plan B” trade target, the A’s are reportedly now thinking of not shopping Brett Anderson. Jeff Passan:
Sources: Teams believe A’s have cooled on idea of trading Brett Anderson this week. May still go eventually. Just not close to a guarantee.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 10, 2013
Like anyone else, if they get a good offer they’ll trade him. And by signaling to the world that they may not want to trade him, the A’s are simultaneously hoping that the offers get better. No one not named Trout or Harper is above being traded.
Anderson has been hurt a good deal, and thus has only made 43 starts and 11 relief appearances at the major league level over the past three seasons. But he’s only 25 and has nice stuff. He’s owed $8 million next season and the A’s have a $12 million option for 2015.
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 5
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 61
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 17
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 7
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 60
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- Remembering World Series Game 7s of the past 30 years 30
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (145)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)