Dec 11, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
Kennedy sat out this year despite hitting .262 with a decent .702 OPS in 86 games for the Dodgers in 2012. Adams reports that he’ll work out for teams next month in the hopes of landing a bench gig.
He can’t play shortstop, so a true utility man role is out of the question, but Kennedy has experience at third base and first base in addition to spending most of his career at second base.
Kennedy is probably my least-favorite player of all time because of what he did to the Twins on October 13, 2002. So, you know, good luck or whatever. (Jerk.)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)
- Barry Bonds is back in uniform (68)