Dec 11, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
Kennedy sat out this year despite hitting .262 with a decent .702 OPS in 86 games for the Dodgers in 2012. Adams reports that he’ll work out for teams next month in the hopes of landing a bench gig.
He can’t play shortstop, so a true utility man role is out of the question, but Kennedy has experience at third base and first base in addition to spending most of his career at second base.
Kennedy is probably my least-favorite player of all time because of what he did to the Twins on October 13, 2002. So, you know, good luck or whatever. (Jerk.)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 3
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 16
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 127
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (127)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)