Dec 11, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Walden was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter. Acquired from the Angels for Tommy Hanson last November, the 26-year-old right-hander posted a 3.45 ERA and 54/14 K/BB ratio over 47 innings this past season. He was limited down the stretch due to groin and shoulder soreness, but made it back for the NLDS against the Dodgers.
With his swing-and-miss stuff and improved control, Walden will set up for Craig Kimbrel again in 2014. He remains under team control through 2016.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)