Dec 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
He’s coming off his second shoulder surgery and just this week we learned, in the form of Roy Halladay‘s retirement, just how devastating shoulder surgeries can be. But that’s not stopping as many as eight teams expressing interest in Johan Santana, reports Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York.
The Mets, Yankees, Twins, Rays, Orioles, Royals, Brewers and Pirates are teams which, at some point recently, have been tied to Santana to greater or lesser degrees. Probably lesser, in terms of both interest and money, as he is nothing approaching a sure thing to be a useful pitcher anymore. But on a one-year deal with more incentives than guaranteed dollars? Sure, why not? What’s to lose?
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)