Et tu, “Jeopardy!”?

Dec 11, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT

An answer on “Jeopardy!” tonight totally buys in to the PED hysteria:

That’s sad, man. I’d expect that from Sajak, but I figured Trebek was way cooler on the nuances of the whole PED thing and could see through it all to still appreciate the greatness of Barry Bonds.  How wrong I was. How wrong I was.

1. bfunk1978 - Dec 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM

It’s kinda funny. “baseball star Barry Bonds”.

2. tfbuckfutter - Dec 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I read GFY as “Good for you” and I can never not hear that as angry Christian Bale in my head….so I read that as “Oooohhhh Goooood for YOOOOUUU, Jeopardy!”

I enjoyed reading it. That guy’s really mad at Jeopardy.

3. 18thstreet - Dec 11, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Ever hear Trebek correct someone’s French pronunciation? That is one preachy mofo.

4. thepoolshark - Dec 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM

The real Bonds is a megalomaniac dope-head PED freak who has no business ever being mentioned in MLB history except as a lying cheating felon, along with AROID and the rest. Would you show a picture of Bonds to your kids CC and tell them you hope they grow up just like Bonds?

I would hope not.

• dcarroll73 - Dec 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

It is REALLY too bad that public figures have such a hard time suing slanderous, libelous swine like you. I would enjoy seeing him take your house and everything else you own.
      Not that facts mean diddly to life-forms such as you, but “skinny Barry” could also rake and win MVPs. As the man may have said it best himself, I never heard that steroids helped you hit a major-league curveball, This man was the real deal and could hit anything approaching the strike zone. Even if you somehow regard steroids as worse than racism or gambling, do you really wish Ty Cobb were not in the hall of fame or that Rose should not be there. To paraphrase Charles Barkley, athletes are not role models for children; that is the parents’ job.

• basedrum777 - Dec 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Skinny Barry could and did rake and win MVP. That’s what makes it so much worse that he decided to cheat INSTEAD of trying to be a model of consistency and HOFer. Now he’ll be the best player NOT in the HOF. (Depending on your view on Rose who I think gets in as soon as he dies).

• cohnjusack - Dec 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM

You think Pete Rose was better than Barry Bonds?

Pete Rose career high in WAR: 8.3
        Number of times Barry Bonds topped that: 8 (4 times before PED use)

5. louhudson23 - Dec 12, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Nuance? Plain as the swollen head on his shoulders…*Fraud

6. largebill - Dec 12, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Craig,

Have to assume you’re kidding with the Sajak to Trebek comparison. Sajak is actually a pretty funny guy. Regardless, I don’t think either he or Trebek writes the clues on their shows.

As far as the asterisk goes, I saw it last night and while I thought it was stupid I did not think it was extra sanctimonious just a poor attempt at humor.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate