Dec 11, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
After pulling off a three-way trade yesterday to land slugger Mark Trumbo, the Diamondbacks are currently looking for an impact starting pitcher via free agency and trade. And FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that they have one name at the top of their list.
Of course, we still don’t know if the Rakuten Golden Eagles will actually post Tanaka. And even if the Diamondbacks make the max bid of $20 million in the new posting process, they’ll face plenty of competition from other teams in order to sign him. The amount of teams in the mix could net him a contract around $100 million when it’s all said and done. That’s a big price for someone who is unproven in the United States, but Tanaka is only 25 years old, and as opposed to signing a free agent like Ervin Santana, he’s not attached to draft pick compensation.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 35
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 23
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)