Dec 11, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
After pulling off a three-way trade yesterday to land slugger Mark Trumbo, the Diamondbacks are currently looking for an impact starting pitcher via free agency and trade. And FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that they have one name at the top of their list.
Of course, we still don’t know if the Rakuten Golden Eagles will actually post Tanaka. And even if the Diamondbacks make the max bid of $20 million in the new posting process, they’ll face plenty of competition from other teams in order to sign him. The amount of teams in the mix could net him a contract around $100 million when it’s all said and done. That’s a big price for someone who is unproven in the United States, but Tanaka is only 25 years old, and as opposed to signing a free agent like Ervin Santana, he’s not attached to draft pick compensation.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)