Dec 11, 2013, 10:04 PM EST
Who said this year’s Winter Meetings were boring?
According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, two unidentified agents got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel this afternoon. At issue was that one of the agents apparently tried to take a client from the other.
Read it and let your imagination run wild on who these agents might be. Or more importantly, who the player was they were fighting over:
Stay the [expletive] away from my guy!” one man yelled, according to witnesses who described the chaotic – and amusing – scene to Yahoo Sports in exchange for anonymity.
One of the witnesses had pulled into a parking spot at the Dolphin and exited his car to the sound of words being exchanged. A family member suggested he take out his phone and record the incident, and what came of it is a 22-second snippet of a fight that the other witness believes lasted twice as long.
There was lots of yelling and pushing, including the angrier man upping the ante significantly when he said, according to the witnesses, “I’m gonna burn your [expletive] house down!” One of the men, said the witness recording the video, seemed to be apologizing – and then threw a punch to restart the fracas. The video, with the two men fighting in the distance, shows some scrapping, one man throwing a kick and the other winding up for a punch a la Super Macho Man in Mike Tyson’s Punchout.
The tussle continued until a local sheriff, who happened to be roaming through the parking lot, intervened, the witnesses said. After that, hotel employees – including Dolphin director of security Eric Clay, who did not return a message seeking comment from Yahoo Sports – showed up and ended the fight, which left one of the witnesses disappointed.
“It was pathetic,” he told Yahoo Sports. “It was the worst fight I’ve ever seen.”
Below is the closest thing we have to a video of the incident. Unfortunately, we can only see two figures tussling in the distance. Still, it’s not exactly Ali-Frazier:
Do yourself a favor and read the full story from Passan. It’s quite entertaining. And it’s a nice way to pass the time while we wait for something exciting to actually happen in Orlando.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)