Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings

Dec 11, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT

Boxing AP AP

Who said this year’s Winter Meetings were boring?

According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, two unidentified agents got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel this afternoon. At issue was that one of the agents apparently tried to take a client from the other.

Read it and let your imagination run wild on who these agents might be. Or more importantly, who the player was they were fighting over:

Stay the [expletive] away from my guy!” one man yelled, according to witnesses who described the chaotic – and amusing – scene to Yahoo Sports in exchange for anonymity.

One of the witnesses had pulled into a parking spot at the Dolphin and exited his car to the sound of words being exchanged. A family member suggested he take out his phone and record the incident, and what came of it is a 22-second snippet of a fight that the other witness believes lasted twice as long.

There was lots of yelling and pushing, including the angrier man upping the ante significantly when he said, according to the witnesses, “I’m gonna burn your [expletive] house down!” One of the men, said the witness recording the video, seemed to be apologizing – and then threw a punch to restart the fracas. The video, with the two men fighting in the distance, shows some scrapping, one man throwing a kick and the other winding up for a punch a la Super Macho Man in Mike Tyson’s Punchout.

The tussle continued until a local sheriff, who happened to be roaming through the parking lot, intervened, the witnesses said. After that, hotel employees – including Dolphin director of security Eric Clay, who did not return a message seeking comment from Yahoo Sports – showed up and ended the fight, which left one of the witnesses disappointed.

“It was pathetic,” he told Yahoo Sports. “It was the worst fight I’ve ever seen.”

Below is the closest thing we have to a video of the incident. Unfortunately, we can only see two figures tussling in the distance. Still, it’s not exactly Ali-Frazier:

Do yourself a favor and read the full story from Passan. It’s quite entertaining. And it’s a nice way to pass the time while we wait for something exciting to actually happen in Orlando.

1. sabatimus - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Now it’s Balboa, now it’s Creed…

2. vincecully - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Gotta read the article, if only for the line about Colon

• caeser12 - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I can’t lie, I laughed when I read that.

Lol!

3. Old Gator - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I think I’ll just take The Quiet Man down from my DVD hutch and watch the last 30 minutes instead. John Wayne and Victor McLaghlen stage simply the greatest one-on-one bare knuckles brawl in the history of the movies. Keep your pansy ass agents.

• yahmule - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Bare knuckle fights are alright, I suppose. Now, if you want to see Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine take chains, two by fours and a freaking ax to one another, on a moving train no less, Emperor of the North is the ticket.

• historiophiliac - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Sean Thornton ruined me for any other man.

• jwbiii - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Marlon Brando and Lee J. Cobb, On the Waterfront.

• 4d3fect - Dec 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Roddy Piper and …that other guy.. in They Live.

• proudlycanadian - Dec 12, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Changing the subject on you Gator. When I read this morning that Jim Hall had died, I had to listen to his recording of Concierto de Aranjuez. What a wonderful mellow recording. Too bad those 2 combatants had not listened to it.

4. dondada10 - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM

We’ll ultimately learn who the pugilists are. If it’s Jay Z and Boras, the internet is gonna break.

• historiophiliac - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Please, please, please.

• aphillieated - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Nah, Jay-Z has bodyguards.

• peterjohnjoseph - Dec 12, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I didn’t hear any “ch-yeah!”‘s or the agent talking about himself in the first person, so its not Jay…

Hoba had a big hit single last year in ‘N**gas in Paradise’. I doubt this year he legitimately hit ‘Agents at DisneyWorld’.

5. gwhempel - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Remember when Air went and crashed Josh Weinstein’s beach house party? Best moment of an otherwise mediocre show. This is funnier though.

• gwhempel - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Ari* not Air. Annoying actor, not annoying band.

6. phillysports1 - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Ruben Amaro and Scott Boras

7. slaugin - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM

For the love of God let it be Boras-Jay Z

8. ndnut - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM

They got into a fight at DISNEY WORLD, the happiest place on earth!!!!!!! What is this world coming to???????

9. meatcarroll - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Scott Boras you over baby, Robbie Cano you’re coming with me!

• detectivejimmymcnulty - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I could have been Cano’s agent and got him $240 million. Let’s see JayZ get Werth $126 million. We won’t because he will only target sure things.

10. meatcarroll - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Scott Boras you over baby, Robbie Cano you’re coming with me!

11. jburk003 - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Now they’re both racing to call their lawyer buddies to see who can win the civil suit

12. alexo0 - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I look forward to being mugged in a parking lot one day, have no one help me, then find video of the incident on youtube an hour later.

13. km9000 - Dec 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM

“Whoa whoa whoa, wait a second!”
    “What?!”
    “That guy over there… he’s shooting us on video…”
    “Vertically!”
    “Let’s get that sonofabitch!”

14. mikhelb - Dec 12, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Better call Saul!

15. unclemosesgreen - Dec 12, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Terrible fight – worse video. There are no winners here.

16. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Dec 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I’d like to bare-knuckle fist fight whoever shot this video. Vertical shot? Have you no shame? Also, you think you could have gotten even FURTHER away form that fist fight. It’s not like Batman and Superman are duking it out over there. Get in there kid! Get your internet fame!

17. hittfamily - Dec 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Jay Z vs Gary Sheffield might be fun. Gary would beat the snot out of Jay Z, but the entourage would even it up.

18. spursareold - Dec 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Jerry and Burt Sugar throwin’ down, at last….

19. jrazz22 - Dec 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM

4d3fect
    Dec 11, 2013, 9:57 PM PST
    Roddy Piper and …that other guy.. in They Live.
    ——————————————————-
    That’s a solid movie scrap.

20. phillyphannnn83 - Dec 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM

peterjohnjoseph December 12, 2013, 1:37 AM EST

—————————–
    This comment gets a big fat FAIL! Talking about yourself in the first person is saying “I, me, my.” What you were trying to refer to was speaking the in THIRD person, which is referring to yourself by your own name. Secondly, the correct spelling is hova, not hoba. How do you screw that up? He spells it out in like every song!

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3121)