Ron Gardenhire is happy with his handsomeness ranking

Dec 11, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT

Yesterday I ranked major league managers by handsomeness. Ron Gardenhire came in at number 28, unfortunately. Couldn’t be helped. It’s just science.

Well, his inner beauty is off-the-charts, because here he is, quite pleased, about his ranking:

I do not know if Clint Hurdle (30) and Ron Washington (29) feel the same way and, frankly, I’m afraid to ask them about it.

But I will be asked about it more! I will be appearing on MLB Network’s “Hot Stove” tomorrow morning at 10:30. ¬†Absolutely true. I feel like they are going to come after me for putting Ausmus over Matheny, but I’m gonna stick to my guns.

1. chacochicken - Dec 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM

The Earl Warren of Baseball Manager Handsomeness. Guess you can mark that off the list. I think you need to do some historical rankings as well.
    I’m betting Gardy comes into the winter meetings next year (assuming he has a job) in the BSOHL trying to up that ranking.

• yahmule - Dec 11, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I think historical rankings would be great, especially if we could see Lasorda cuss Craig out like Kingman.

• Craig Calcaterra - Dec 11, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I was hanging out with Neyer today and he asked me about that. I told him he’s in way better position to be doing that given his historical background and my relative lack thereof.

I bet he does it.

• DJ MC - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

The Historical Baseball Abstract has a “most handsome” player ranking for each decade. But if people are posting here they probably already know that.

2. nymets4ever - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

meanwhile, nobody here gives two schitts about this absurd, random, and utterly pointless discussion about managerial handsomeness you created for no apparent reason.

• yahmule - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Except Ron Gardenhire, evidently.

• nymets4ever - Dec 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM

i did say nobody “here”..

• yahmule - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Are you sure Gardy doesn’t have an account here? How do you think he found out about his ranking?

• zzalapski - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

That would explain why the original post got 80+ comments, and why you’re still hung up about it.

• historiophiliac - Dec 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

To be fair, a good part of that was him protesting too much.

1. H. Pence (2153)