Dec 11, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
Yesterday I ranked major league managers by handsomeness. Ron Gardenhire came in at number 28, unfortunately. Couldn’t be helped. It’s just science.
Well, his inner beauty is off-the-charts, because here he is, quite pleased, about his ranking:
I do not know if Clint Hurdle (30) and Ron Washington (29) feel the same way and, frankly, I’m afraid to ask them about it.
But I will be asked about it more! I will be appearing on MLB Network’s “Hot Stove” tomorrow morning at 10:30. Absolutely true. I feel like they are going to come after me for putting Ausmus over Matheny, but I’m gonna stick to my guns.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 20
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)