Dec 11, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
Yesterday I ranked major league managers by handsomeness. Ron Gardenhire came in at number 28, unfortunately. Couldn’t be helped. It’s just science.
Well, his inner beauty is off-the-charts, because here he is, quite pleased, about his ranking:
I do not know if Clint Hurdle (30) and Ron Washington (29) feel the same way and, frankly, I’m afraid to ask them about it.
But I will be asked about it more! I will be appearing on MLB Network’s “Hot Stove” tomorrow morning at 10:30. Absolutely true. I feel like they are going to come after me for putting Ausmus over Matheny, but I’m gonna stick to my guns.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)