Dec 11, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT
Yesterday I ranked major league managers by handsomeness. Ron Gardenhire came in at number 28, unfortunately. Couldn’t be helped. It’s just science.
Well, his inner beauty is off-the-charts, because here he is, quite pleased, about his ranking:
I do not know if Clint Hurdle (30) and Ron Washington (29) feel the same way and, frankly, I’m afraid to ask them about it.
But I will be asked about it more! I will be appearing on MLB Network’s “Hot Stove” tomorrow morning at 10:30. Absolutely true. I feel like they are going to come after me for putting Ausmus over Matheny, but I’m gonna stick to my guns.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)