Dec 11, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, the “general sense among teams involved” is that Choo will sign with whoever offers him an eight-year deal. The belief is that he already has a seven-year deal on the table, though the specific dollar amount isn’t known.
The Tigers added Rajai Davis yesterday while the Diamondbacks acquired Mark Trumbo, so the thought is that both clubs are out of the mix for Choo. Meanwhile, Reds general manager Walt Jocketty indicated to C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer earlier today that he’s likely out of their price range. This leaves the Mariners and Rangers as the most likely landing spots, though we might not have a resolution at this week’s Winter Meetings.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)