Dec 11, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, the “general sense among teams involved” is that Choo will sign with whoever offers him an eight-year deal. The belief is that he already has a seven-year deal on the table, though the specific dollar amount isn’t known.
The Tigers added Rajai Davis yesterday while the Diamondbacks acquired Mark Trumbo, so the thought is that both clubs are out of the mix for Choo. Meanwhile, Reds general manager Walt Jocketty indicated to C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer earlier today that he’s likely out of their price range. This leaves the Mariners and Rangers as the most likely landing spots, though we might not have a resolution at this week’s Winter Meetings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)