Dec 11, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, the “general sense among teams involved” is that Choo will sign with whoever offers him an eight-year deal. The belief is that he already has a seven-year deal on the table, though the specific dollar amount isn’t known.
The Tigers added Rajai Davis yesterday while the Diamondbacks acquired Mark Trumbo, so the thought is that both clubs are out of the mix for Choo. Meanwhile, Reds general manager Walt Jocketty indicated to C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer earlier today that he’s likely out of their price range. This leaves the Mariners and Rangers as the most likely landing spots, though we might not have a resolution at this week’s Winter Meetings.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)