Dec 11, 2013, 6:52 PM EDT
According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports, the “general sense among teams involved” is that Choo will sign with whoever offers him an eight-year deal. The belief is that he already has a seven-year deal on the table, though the specific dollar amount isn’t known.
The Tigers added Rajai Davis yesterday while the Diamondbacks acquired Mark Trumbo, so the thought is that both clubs are out of the mix for Choo. Meanwhile, Reds general manager Walt Jocketty indicated to C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer earlier today that he’s likely out of their price range. This leaves the Mariners and Rangers as the most likely landing spots, though we might not have a resolution at this week’s Winter Meetings.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 25
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 17
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)