Dec 11, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Blue Jays announced this evening that they have granted right-hander Thad Weber his release so that he can sign with the NC Dinos of the Korean Baseball Organization. The move clears a spot on Toronto’s 40-man roster in advance of tomorrow’s Rule 5 Draft.
Weber has enjoyed success as a starter in the minors, but he has only made 10 appearances in the majors. The 29-year-old had brief stints with the Padres and Blue Jays this year.
Weber is the third former major leaguer to sign with teams in the Korean Baseball Organization this week, joining Eric Thames and Jorge Cantu.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)