Dec 11, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
The Blue Jays announced this evening that they have granted right-hander Thad Weber his release so that he can sign with the NC Dinos of the Korean Baseball Organization. The move clears a spot on Toronto’s 40-man roster in advance of tomorrow’s Rule 5 Draft.
Weber has enjoyed success as a starter in the minors, but he has only made 10 appearances in the majors. The 29-year-old had brief stints with the Padres and Blue Jays this year.
Weber is the third former major leaguer to sign with teams in the Korean Baseball Organization this week, joining Eric Thames and Jorge Cantu.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (84)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)