Dec 11, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
The Blue Jays announced this evening that they have granted right-hander Thad Weber his release so that he can sign with the NC Dinos of the Korean Baseball Organization. The move clears a spot on Toronto’s 40-man roster in advance of tomorrow’s Rule 5 Draft.
Weber has enjoyed success as a starter in the minors, but he has only made 10 appearances in the majors. The 29-year-old had brief stints with the Padres and Blue Jays this year.
Weber is the third former major leaguer to sign with teams in the Korean Baseball Organization this week, joining Eric Thames and Jorge Cantu.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)