Dec 11, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
The Brewers used to have Corey Hart at first base and tried to bring him back. Then they were rumored to be into Logan Morrison. The Mariners jumped in front of them on both counts because, apparently, they want all of the first baseman. Heck, they now have both of those guys and Justin Smoak. And the guy who will likely be playing first base in three years just signed for $240 million to be their second baseman. Just greedy, really.
Loney is coming off a nice season with the Rays in which he hit .299/.348/.430 with 13 home runs and 75 RBI in 158 games. But that was really front-of-the-season loaded and was way better than he’s usually good for in a year. Still: he plays good defense, is durable and Miller Park is hitter friendly, so there are way worse directions in which to go if you’re the Brewers.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (96)