Dec 11, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
It’s an odd fit on the surface, as the Marlins just signed Rafael Furcal to a one-year deal last week to be their second baseman. However, he’s far from a lock to stay healthy and the Marlins could convince the Brewers to eat some of Weeks’ $11 million salary for 2014 in order to move him. The 31-year-old has fallen out of favor in Milwaukee, with Brewers manager Ron Roenicke saying yesterday that he’s prepared to go into spring training with Scooter Gennett as his starting second baseman.
Weeks batted just .209/.306/.357 with 10 home runs, 24 RBI in 104 games this year prior to undergoing surgery in August to repair a torn hamstring. His .663 OPS was the lowest of his career.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)