Dec 11, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
My second ” . . . for some reason” post of the day:
— clarkspencer (@clarkspencer) December 11, 2013
Well, I suppose you have to have 40 men on a roster, so he’s better than “TBD.” Not much better, though. Young hit .260/.307/.407 with 11 homers in 361 plate appearances between the Phillies and Rays.
If he weren’t a one-time top pick who had one really good season several years ago I don’t suppose he’d continue to draw interest each season. But baseball people are pretty big on looking at guys and seeing potential — lost or otherwise — rather than reality at times, and Young benefits from that a lot.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)