Dec 12, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Morse got off to a great start this year, but then hit just .201 with five homers and a .584 OPS in 64 games after May 1 while missing time with a wrist injury. Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that the Giants have promised Morse the everyday job in left field, which means Gregor Blanco is headed to the bench in a power-for-defense swap.
If healthy Morse is a good bet to bounce back at age 32, although he’s always going to be a brutal defensive player who gives back a lot of runs with his glove. However, from 2010-2012 he hit .296 with an .861 OPS in 346 games for the Nationals, averaging 30 homers per 150 games.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)