Dec 12, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Remember Kevin Kouzmanoff? He hasn’t played in the majors since 2011, but the Rangers just announced that they’ve signed him to a minor-league contract.
Texas also did the same with utility infielders Josh Wilson and Brent Lillibridge, adding some bench options (or Triple-A depth).
Kouzmanoff put up some nice power numbers with the Padres early in his career–especially considering he was calling Petco Park home–but since 2009 he’s hit just .248 with a .692 OPS in 357 games as a big leaguer and he wasn’t even particularly good at Triple-A this year.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)