Dec 13, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
Jon Heyman reports that the Rockies will sign Boone Logan to a three-year, $16.5 million contract. Troy Renck of the Denver Post reported that the deal was close last night.
Logan — a lefty reliever — is an eight-year veteran having spent time with the White Sox, Braves, and Yankees. Over the past three seasons in New York he has posted a 3.38 ERA with 202 strikeouts and 58 unintentional walks in 176 innings.
Nice pickup for Colorado. Nice deal for Logan.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)