Dec 13, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Rockies will sign Boone Logan to a three-year, $16.5 million contract. Troy Renck of the Denver Post reported that the deal was close last night.
Logan — a lefty reliever — is an eight-year veteran having spent time with the White Sox, Braves, and Yankees. Over the past three seasons in New York he has posted a 3.38 ERA with 202 strikeouts and 58 unintentional walks in 176 innings.
Nice pickup for Colorado. Nice deal for Logan.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)