Dec 13, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
Jon Heyman reports that the Rockies will sign Boone Logan to a three-year, $16.5 million contract. Troy Renck of the Denver Post reported that the deal was close last night.
Logan — a lefty reliever — is an eight-year veteran having spent time with the White Sox, Braves, and Yankees. Over the past three seasons in New York he has posted a 3.38 ERA with 202 strikeouts and 58 unintentional walks in 176 innings.
Nice pickup for Colorado. Nice deal for Logan.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 3
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 26
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)