Dec 13, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
MLB.com reporter Greg Johns quickly tweeted out this:
— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) December 13, 2013
And then 15 minutes later Walker himself tweeted this:
Oh I didn’t know I gave up my number??? Hmmmm
— Taijuan Walker (@tai_walker) December 13, 2013
You know, just a little late Friday drama on Twitter.
UPDATE: Walker deleted his tweet in a hurry, but it existed.
UPDATE #2: Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times asked Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik about the numbers-related tweets and “after a good chuckle” he replied “we are not trading Taijuan.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (70)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)