Dec 13, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Ryan Roberts, who struggled for the past two years with the Rays after a couple nice seasons for the Diamondbacks, has agreed to a minor-league deal with the Cubs.
Roberts got a late start, securing his first extended action in the majors at age 28, and he’s a career .245 hitter with a .713 OPS that makes him a better bench option than a regular.
He has experience at third base, second base, and left field, but will have to compete for a job during spring training.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)