Dec 13, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Ryan Roberts, who struggled for the past two years with the Rays after a couple nice seasons for the Diamondbacks, has agreed to a minor-league deal with the Cubs.
Roberts got a late start, securing his first extended action in the majors at age 28, and he’s a career .245 hitter with a .713 OPS that makes him a better bench option than a regular.
He has experience at third base, second base, and left field, but will have to compete for a job during spring training.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)