Dec 13, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Add another team to the White Sox and Dodgers in the Juan Uribe derby:
Sources: #Rays interested in free agent Juan Uribe. Would play mostly at first, some at second and also back up Longoria at third.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 13, 2013
This is better than being interested in Mark Reynolds for first base inmasuch as Uribe can do a couple of useful things. But this is still kind of weird to me. The Rays have also been linked to Ike Davis as well.
Uribe had been reported as wanting a three-year deal. But so far he’s got a one year plus an option offer from Los Angeles and two years from Chicago. It’s be hard to imagine the Rays going three years or even two for that matter, but at this point it feels like maybe waiting Uribe out will bring the desired results.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (233)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)