Dec 13, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Add another team to the White Sox and Dodgers in the Juan Uribe derby:
Sources: #Rays interested in free agent Juan Uribe. Would play mostly at first, some at second and also back up Longoria at third.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 13, 2013
This is better than being interested in Mark Reynolds for first base inmasuch as Uribe can do a couple of useful things. But this is still kind of weird to me. The Rays have also been linked to Ike Davis as well.
Uribe had been reported as wanting a three-year deal. But so far he’s got a one year plus an option offer from Los Angeles and two years from Chicago. It’s be hard to imagine the Rays going three years or even two for that matter, but at this point it feels like maybe waiting Uribe out will bring the desired results.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)