Dec 13, 2013, 3:03 PM EST
Add another team to the White Sox and Dodgers in the Juan Uribe derby:
Sources: #Rays interested in free agent Juan Uribe. Would play mostly at first, some at second and also back up Longoria at third.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 13, 2013
This is better than being interested in Mark Reynolds for first base inmasuch as Uribe can do a couple of useful things. But this is still kind of weird to me. The Rays have also been linked to Ike Davis as well.
Uribe had been reported as wanting a three-year deal. But so far he’s got a one year plus an option offer from Los Angeles and two years from Chicago. It’s be hard to imagine the Rays going three years or even two for that matter, but at this point it feels like maybe waiting Uribe out will bring the desired results.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 129
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 244
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (247)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)