Dec 13, 2013, 3:03 PM EST
Add another team to the White Sox and Dodgers in the Juan Uribe derby:
Sources: #Rays interested in free agent Juan Uribe. Would play mostly at first, some at second and also back up Longoria at third.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 13, 2013
This is better than being interested in Mark Reynolds for first base inmasuch as Uribe can do a couple of useful things. But this is still kind of weird to me. The Rays have also been linked to Ike Davis as well.
Uribe had been reported as wanting a three-year deal. But so far he’s got a one year plus an option offer from Los Angeles and two years from Chicago. It’s be hard to imagine the Rays going three years or even two for that matter, but at this point it feels like maybe waiting Uribe out will bring the desired results.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)