Dec 13, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Add another team to the White Sox and Dodgers in the Juan Uribe derby:
Sources: #Rays interested in free agent Juan Uribe. Would play mostly at first, some at second and also back up Longoria at third.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 13, 2013
This is better than being interested in Mark Reynolds for first base inmasuch as Uribe can do a couple of useful things. But this is still kind of weird to me. The Rays have also been linked to Ike Davis as well.
Uribe had been reported as wanting a three-year deal. But so far he’s got a one year plus an option offer from Los Angeles and two years from Chicago. It’s be hard to imagine the Rays going three years or even two for that matter, but at this point it feels like maybe waiting Uribe out will bring the desired results.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)