Dec 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Mike Pelfrey was awful for the Twins this year, going 5-13 with a 5.19 ERA in 29 starts, but LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Minnesota has made him a two-year offer to return.
According to Neal the deal would be worth around $12 million, which … well, as a Twins fan I’m pretty grossed out right now.
Pelfrey will be another year removed from elbow surgery, but the problem is that he was never much good before the injury with a 4.36 ERA and measly 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings for the Mets. It’s great that the Twins are finally making an effort to build a major league-caliber rotation, but I’d rely on various young arms before turning back to Pelfrey and the idea of a two-year deal seems all kinds of misguided.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 0
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)