Dec 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Mike Pelfrey was awful for the Twins this year, going 5-13 with a 5.19 ERA in 29 starts, but LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Minnesota has made him a two-year offer to return.
According to Neal the deal would be worth around $12 million, which … well, as a Twins fan I’m pretty grossed out right now.
Pelfrey will be another year removed from elbow surgery, but the problem is that he was never much good before the injury with a 4.36 ERA and measly 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings for the Mets. It’s great that the Twins are finally making an effort to build a major league-caliber rotation, but I’d rely on various young arms before turning back to Pelfrey and the idea of a two-year deal seems all kinds of misguided.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)