Dec 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Jeb Lund was at the Winter Meetings this past week, writing some stuff for SB Nation and having the bad sense to have drinks with me in the lobby until way too late. Or early. Depends on your point of view. Good guy though.
He also happened to be in great position to see the agent fight that went down in the parking lot. Here is his detailed account of what he saw:
Upon the first man’s reaching the self-park lot, the second man shouted, “OH, YOU’RE READY TO GO?” The first man, without breaking stride, threw both arms out at his sides and executed a 360º twirl while saying, “OH, I’M READY TO GO.” By this point I’d moved south of both and was walking up a pathway toward the main entrances.
This is when it got weird.
Go read his account to learn how it “got weird.”
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)