Dec 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Jeb Lund was at the Winter Meetings this past week, writing some stuff for SB Nation and having the bad sense to have drinks with me in the lobby until way too late. Or early. Depends on your point of view. Good guy though.
He also happened to be in great position to see the agent fight that went down in the parking lot. Here is his detailed account of what he saw:
Upon the first man’s reaching the self-park lot, the second man shouted, “OH, YOU’RE READY TO GO?” The first man, without breaking stride, threw both arms out at his sides and executed a 360º twirl while saying, “OH, I’M READY TO GO.” By this point I’d moved south of both and was walking up a pathway toward the main entrances.
This is when it got weird.
Go read his account to learn how it “got weird.”
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 12
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 214
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 139
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (214)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)