Dec 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Jeb Lund was at the Winter Meetings this past week, writing some stuff for SB Nation and having the bad sense to have drinks with me in the lobby until way too late. Or early. Depends on your point of view. Good guy though.
He also happened to be in great position to see the agent fight that went down in the parking lot. Here is his detailed account of what he saw:
Upon the first man’s reaching the self-park lot, the second man shouted, “OH, YOU’RE READY TO GO?” The first man, without breaking stride, threw both arms out at his sides and executed a 360º twirl while saying, “OH, I’M READY TO GO.” By this point I’d moved south of both and was walking up a pathway toward the main entrances.
This is when it got weird.
Go read his account to learn how it “got weird.”
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)