Dec 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Jeb Lund was at the Winter Meetings this past week, writing some stuff for SB Nation and having the bad sense to have drinks with me in the lobby until way too late. Or early. Depends on your point of view. Good guy though.
He also happened to be in great position to see the agent fight that went down in the parking lot. Here is his detailed account of what he saw:
Upon the first man’s reaching the self-park lot, the second man shouted, “OH, YOU’RE READY TO GO?” The first man, without breaking stride, threw both arms out at his sides and executed a 360º twirl while saying, “OH, I’M READY TO GO.” By this point I’d moved south of both and was walking up a pathway toward the main entrances.
This is when it got weird.
Go read his account to learn how it “got weird.”
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)