We have more detail on the agent fight at the Winter Meetings

Dec 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT

Old time boxer

Jeb Lund was at the Winter Meetings this past week, writing some stuff for SB Nation and having the bad sense to have drinks with me in the lobby until way too late. Or early. Depends on your point of view. Good guy though.

He also happened to be in great position to see the agent fight that went down in the parking lot. Here is his detailed account of what he saw:

Upon the first man’s reaching the self-park lot, the second man shouted, “OH, YOU’RE READY TO GO?” The first man, without breaking stride, threw both arms out at his sides and executed a 360º twirl while saying, “OH, I’M READY TO GO.” By this point I’d moved south of both and was walking up a pathway toward the main entrances.

This is when it got weird.

Go read his account to learn how it “got weird.”

1. Old Gator - Dec 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Wunnerful, but I’m sticking with John Wayne and Victor McLaghlen for most wunnerful fistfight ever.

By the way, Craig, you got all that extra time in Orlando – did you n’ the orfspring ever heed my advice and hit the rotating restaurant in the Land Pavilion?

• Craig Calcaterra - Dec 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM

We tried, but we couldn’t get a reservation. All booked up. Kind of frustrating, but we managed.

• historiophiliac - Dec 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I’ll have the supper waitin’ at home for ya.

2. JuniorGriffey'sRecliner - Dec 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

-The first man, without breaking stride, threw both arms out at his sides and executed a 360º twirl while saying, “OH, I’M READY TO GO.”

So, he learned to fight by watching West Side Story?

• uwsptke - Dec 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I imagine the other agent countered with a double lutz, or went right for the big guns with a triple axel.

• bobwsc - Dec 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM

kinda sounds like he’s ripping off Macho Man Randy Savage a bit.

3. zzalapski - Dec 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Last catch phrase of the year: “THIS IS HOW IT’S GONNA BE”

4. hittfamily - Dec 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Nobody has ever, ever, ever, constructed a sentence beginning “upon the first man’s…” in the wee hours of a barroom chat. That’s your lawyer speak. It was likely more along the lines of “Bro, you won’t f%$%ing believe the sh#t I saw today. One dude was like, ahhhhhhhhhh, and then some big a$$ moth$#$%er came out of nowhere and was like, blaaaaaaaaaa! It was awesome. You totally should have been there”.

• peterjohnjoseph - Dec 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM

That was so perfect. I’ve heard that exact story 3 times, and I was involved twice.

5. adross47 - Dec 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Found this link when I went to read the article on sbnation:

6. historiophiliac - Dec 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM

If I run into Joba Chamberlain, I’m gonna fall into a fit of slapoplexy.

7. davidbrentfan - Dec 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I wish I could have been there. Sounds hilarious.

8. churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Dec 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Klaw (1:08 PM)

I can’t believe someone got video of me and Calcaterra getting in a fight in the Dolphin parking lot after he said he was supporting Jack Morris for the Hall of Fame.

/shots fired

9. dwrek5 - Dec 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM

“grown men power-opening doors in pseudo-badass displays”

Do you know who I am?! This is my new move, everywhere! #powermove

10. jolink653 - Dec 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I’m picturing two grown men Gator-chomping in a parking lot and now I can’t stop laughing…BUT I GUESS THIS IS HOW IT’S GONNA BE

11. blynch67 - Dec 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Are there any actual named participants, or is this covered by some sort of bloggers ‘code of silence’?

I’m tired of reading frothy descriptions, etc. Who done it and who won it? Inquiring minds would like to know (minus all the other BS).

If you can deliver the goods, thanks :)

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win