Dec 14, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Floyd is in talks with the Braves. The two sides are believed to be close to a deal, but nothing is finalized yet. It would likely be an incentive-laden pact.
Floyd made just five starts with the White Sox this past season prior to having Tommy John surgery and his flexor tendon repaired in May. While he’ll likely be a bit behind at the start of the 2014 season, he could be useful starting depth to have around. As of now, the Braves project to have a rotation of Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Brandon Beachy and Alex Wood.
Floyd turns 31 in January and posted a 4.12 ERA from 2008-2012 while making at least 29 starts in each season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 22
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 5
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 21
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)