Dec 14, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Floyd is in talks with the Braves. The two sides are believed to be close to a deal, but nothing is finalized yet. It would likely be an incentive-laden pact.
Floyd made just five starts with the White Sox this past season prior to having Tommy John surgery and his flexor tendon repaired in May. While he’ll likely be a bit behind at the start of the 2014 season, he could be useful starting depth to have around. As of now, the Braves project to have a rotation of Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Brandon Beachy and Alex Wood.
Floyd turns 31 in January and posted a 4.12 ERA from 2008-2012 while making at least 29 starts in each season.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 52
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 46
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 112
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)