Dec 14, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Floyd is in talks with the Braves. The two sides are believed to be close to a deal, but nothing is finalized yet. It would likely be an incentive-laden pact.
Floyd made just five starts with the White Sox this past season prior to having Tommy John surgery and his flexor tendon repaired in May. While he’ll likely be a bit behind at the start of the 2014 season, he could be useful starting depth to have around. As of now, the Braves project to have a rotation of Kris Medlen, Mike Minor, Julio Teheran, Brandon Beachy and Alex Wood.
Floyd turns 31 in January and posted a 4.12 ERA from 2008-2012 while making at least 29 starts in each season.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)