Dec 14, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Right-hander Cory Wade, who has postseason experience with the Dodgers and Yankees, is among three players signed by the Royals to Minor League contracts, the club announced on Saturday.
The others: Brian Bocock and Johermyn Chavez.
Wade hopped between three different Triple-A affiliates in 2013, posting a 3.86 ERA and 51/21 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings for Iowa (Cubs), Durham (Rays) and Las Vegas (Mets). He has been used as both a starter and reliever.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 16
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48