Dec 14, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Right-hander Cory Wade, who has postseason experience with the Dodgers and Yankees, is among three players signed by the Royals to Minor League contracts, the club announced on Saturday.
The others: Brian Bocock and Johermyn Chavez.
Wade hopped between three different Triple-A affiliates in 2013, posting a 3.86 ERA and 51/21 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings for Iowa (Cubs), Durham (Rays) and Las Vegas (Mets). He has been used as both a starter and reliever.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (128)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)