Dec 14, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Right-hander Cory Wade, who has postseason experience with the Dodgers and Yankees, is among three players signed by the Royals to Minor League contracts, the club announced on Saturday.
The others: Brian Bocock and Johermyn Chavez.
Wade hopped between three different Triple-A affiliates in 2013, posting a 3.86 ERA and 51/21 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings for Iowa (Cubs), Durham (Rays) and Las Vegas (Mets). He has been used as both a starter and reliever.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 22
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 37
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 48
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)