Dec 14, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Right-hander Cory Wade, who has postseason experience with the Dodgers and Yankees, is among three players signed by the Royals to Minor League contracts, the club announced on Saturday.
The others: Brian Bocock and Johermyn Chavez.
Wade hopped between three different Triple-A affiliates in 2013, posting a 3.86 ERA and 51/21 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings for Iowa (Cubs), Durham (Rays) and Las Vegas (Mets). He has been used as both a starter and reliever.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)