Dec 15, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Former catcher Brian Schneider has been named the manager of the Class-A Jupiter Hammerheads, an affiliate of the Miami Marlins, reports Marlins Country Radio (original credit to Drew Jenkins). Schneider retired after the 2012 season, ending a 13-year career in which he played for the Expos/Nationals, Mets, and Phillies.
Andy Haines managed the Hammerheads last season, leading the team to the 2012 Florida State League Championship Series, which they lost to the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)