Dec 15, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Former catcher Brian Schneider has been named the manager of the Class-A Jupiter Hammerheads, an affiliate of the Miami Marlins, reports Marlins Country Radio (original credit to Drew Jenkins). Schneider retired after the 2012 season, ending a 13-year career in which he played for the Expos/Nationals, Mets, and Phillies.
Andy Haines managed the Hammerheads last season, leading the team to the 2012 Florida State League Championship Series, which they lost to the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (76)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)