Dec 15, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Former catcher Brian Schneider has been named the manager of the Class-A Jupiter Hammerheads, an affiliate of the Miami Marlins, reports Marlins Country Radio (original credit to Drew Jenkins). Schneider retired after the 2012 season, ending a 13-year career in which he played for the Expos/Nationals, Mets, and Phillies.
Andy Haines managed the Hammerheads last season, leading the team to the 2012 Florida State League Championship Series, which they lost to the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 6
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)