Dec 15, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Former catcher Brian Schneider has been named the manager of the Class-A Jupiter Hammerheads, an affiliate of the Miami Marlins, reports Marlins Country Radio (original credit to Drew Jenkins). Schneider retired after the 2012 season, ending a 13-year career in which he played for the Expos/Nationals, Mets, and Phillies.
Andy Haines managed the Hammerheads last season, leading the team to the 2012 Florida State League Championship Series, which they lost to the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)