Dec 16, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
There’s a story in the San Francisco Chronicle about how backers of keeping the A’s in Oakland — including the mayor and some business leaders — are touting a waterfront site in Oakland as a potential home for a new A’s ballpark. They talk it up big. There are pretty pictures of what a waterfront park may look like. A’s owner Lew Wolff says it’s not happening, however.
Some great context about why it may not be happening — and if it is happening, won’t be for many, many years — can be read abut over at Newballpark.org. They detail how regulatory matters such as the site’s designation for port usage make this way more difficult than simply putting together some pretty artist’s renderings and holding press conferences and rallies.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)