Dec 16, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
The Atlanta Braves and starter Brandon Beachy avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $1.45 million contract today. Not a bad raise over his $510K salary last season.
Of course it could have been so much more by now, except Beachy’s career was interrupted by Tommy John surgery in June 2012 and only made five starts in 2013. If he can recapture his pre-surgery form, he stands to make much more next year.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)