Dec 16, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
The Atlanta Braves and starter Brandon Beachy avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $1.45 million contract today. Not a bad raise over his $510K salary last season.
Of course it could have been so much more by now, except Beachy’s career was interrupted by Tommy John surgery in June 2012 and only made five starts in 2013. If he can recapture his pre-surgery form, he stands to make much more next year.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)