Dec 16, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Floyd underwent Tommy John surgery and flexor tendon surgery in May, so he’s unlikely to be ready for the beginning of the season and his status for the entire first half is definitely in some question.
It’s noteworthy that the contract doesn’t include an option for 2015, which is often what teams push for in incentive-laden one-year deals with rehabbing pitchers in the hopes that they can get some good value if the player is eventually healthy. Floyd, on the other hand, is no doubt eying the chance to re-enter the open market next offseason.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 6
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 13
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)