Dec 16, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Floyd underwent Tommy John surgery and flexor tendon surgery in May, so he’s unlikely to be ready for the beginning of the season and his status for the entire first half is definitely in some question.
It’s noteworthy that the contract doesn’t include an option for 2015, which is often what teams push for in incentive-laden one-year deals with rehabbing pitchers in the hopes that they can get some good value if the player is eventually healthy. Floyd, on the other hand, is no doubt eying the chance to re-enter the open market next offseason.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)