Dec 16, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Floyd underwent Tommy John surgery and flexor tendon surgery in May, so he’s unlikely to be ready for the beginning of the season and his status for the entire first half is definitely in some question.
It’s noteworthy that the contract doesn’t include an option for 2015, which is often what teams push for in incentive-laden one-year deals with rehabbing pitchers in the hopes that they can get some good value if the player is eventually healthy. Floyd, on the other hand, is no doubt eying the chance to re-enter the open market next offseason.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)