Dec 16, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Floyd underwent Tommy John surgery and flexor tendon surgery in May, so he’s unlikely to be ready for the beginning of the season and his status for the entire first half is definitely in some question.
It’s noteworthy that the contract doesn’t include an option for 2015, which is often what teams push for in incentive-laden one-year deals with rehabbing pitchers in the hopes that they can get some good value if the player is eventually healthy. Floyd, on the other hand, is no doubt eying the chance to re-enter the open market next offseason.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)