Dec 16, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
Floyd underwent Tommy John surgery and flexor tendon surgery in May, so he’s unlikely to be ready for the beginning of the season and his status for the entire first half is definitely in some question.
It’s noteworthy that the contract doesn’t include an option for 2015, which is often what teams push for in incentive-laden one-year deals with rehabbing pitchers in the hopes that they can get some good value if the player is eventually healthy. Floyd, on the other hand, is no doubt eying the chance to re-enter the open market next offseason.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)