Dec 16, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Reed saved 40 games this year at age 24, throwing 71 innings with a 3.79 ERA and 72/23 K/BB ratio while holding opponents to a .215 batting average. He’ll make the minimum salary in 2014 and won’t be eligible for free agency until after the 2017 season, so Arizona would be getting a long-term answer in the ninth-inning role.
Davidson was the Diamondbacks’ first-round pick in 2009 and made his big-league debut in August, holding his own in 31 games as a 22-year-old rookie. He was a consensus top-100 prospect heading into this year and hit .280 with 17 homers and an .831 OPS at Triple-A before reaching the majors.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)