Dec 16, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Reed saved 40 games this year at age 24, throwing 71 innings with a 3.79 ERA and 72/23 K/BB ratio while holding opponents to a .215 batting average. He’ll make the minimum salary in 2014 and won’t be eligible for free agency until after the 2017 season, so Arizona would be getting a long-term answer in the ninth-inning role.
Davidson was the Diamondbacks’ first-round pick in 2009 and made his big-league debut in August, holding his own in 31 games as a 22-year-old rookie. He was a consensus top-100 prospect heading into this year and hit .280 with 17 homers and an .831 OPS at Triple-A before reaching the majors.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)