His baseball career may be close to over, but A-Rod’s real estate flipping legend grows

Dec 16, 2013, 10:42 AM EST

a-rod reuters yankees Reuters

Alex Rodriguez netted $15 million on the sale of his Miami Beach home earlier this year. Now he’s looking to make a cool million for carrying and then flipping a condo for only six months. From Realtor.com:

Rodriguez is asking $3.2 million for a unit in Mei Condominiums, an Asian-inspired luxury high-rise on the outskirts of Biscayne Bay. Less than six months ago the New York Yankees star paid $2.1 million for the condo.

Miami Condo Investments reports that Rodriguez commissioned renowned designer Briggs Edward Solomon to do a complete renovation of the unit shortly after buying the property in June. The three-bedroom, four-bathroom home now sports a whitewashed-modern design with hardwood flooring, contemporary finishes and walls of glass overlooking the Atlantic.

Major League Baseball:  If you strike A-Rod down, he shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. He’ll have more time to flip real estate.

Go check out the pics of the A-Rod condo. In case you’re in the market, that is.

1. yankee172 - Dec 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I’m not sure anything has ever screamed OFFSEASON more than this article.

• aiede - Dec 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM

A-Rod’s condo is in the best shape of its life.

• fanofevilempire - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM

well since Craig has his baseball career close to over he better keep
        the real estate career bringing in the cash.
        good job Craig.

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I recently watched the trailer for the new Godzilla. He flips condos too. He also flips bridges, office towers, trains and railroad stations. And he nets their owners big FEMA grants in the process. I bet you A-Roid never figured out how to net himself a FEMA grant but, given that he is ackcherley the world’s biggest monster (sorry, Big G), can an arson scheme be far behind?

• cur68 - Dec 16, 2013 at 9:30 PM

ARod’s condo is as soulless and uninspiring as he is.

• pjmarn6 - Dec 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM

No matter what Rodriguez is always going to find King Craig in his corner.

2. Kevin S. - Dec 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Anybody want to contribute to my KickStarter campaign?

3. aiede - Dec 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I was going to make a snarky comment about the bunkbeds, but then realized he has kids. Man, what a cheerful, welcoming place for nine and five year-old kids. It’s like every childless aunt’s white-carpeted condo ever that you hated going to that one time a year.

Also made me realize I don’t think I’ve ever heard his kids mentioned or shown at all, which is usually one of the first things image consultants pull out when somebody’s getting hammered in the media. “Look, he’s a great person. See, he takes his kids out for ice cream!”

• sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

And thank God. The last thing anyone’s kids need is the be made pawns in some lame PR battle waged by their parents.

• gloccamorra - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yeah, when I saw that white carpet, I thought of the scene in the Producers where Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder have to take their shoes off to enter the gay director’s house. “White, white, white is the color of our carpet!”

4. churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM

How much do you think that designer paid for those bar stools? $10K each? $20K each? And did I say bar stools, I meant tree trunks that almost any one of us could make.

5. nymets4ever - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM

My God, what happened to the Hot Stove?? Let’s see some Cruz, Choo, Drew, etc. signings already, this is getting insufferable.

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Gezundtheit.

Things get “insufferable” for you pretty easily. I bet if you were to become manifest we could see your gall bladder pumping bile right through your three-micron-thick epidermis.

• nymets4ever - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

wat

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

That’s okay. Neither I nor anybody else ackcherley expected you to understand that.

6. yahmule - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I’ve toured A-Rod’s Meh Condominums. They were nothing special.

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM

When were you in Somalia?

• yahmule - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Where else am I going to dump this toxic sludge?

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM

New Jersey, like everyone else.

7. chiadam - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM

If you want to make a quick million, just rent your home to Prince. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, google “Carlos Boozer and Prince” for details.

• dinofrank60 - Dec 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Dang right!!!!

8. bobwsc - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM

are the mirrors all kissed up?

9. snipedanglecelly13 - Dec 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Did you find any syringes when you toured the condo?

10. gosport474 - Dec 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Is the Centaur picture included in the sale price or does it cost extra since it is not technically a fixture?

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Is that the one with A-roid’s head on a horse’s ass?

11. rcj22001 - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM

A-Rod goes a long way in proving the theory, that to get truly wealthy, you have to either win a huge lotto or lie and cheat your way to the top.

12. gloccamorra - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM

For a guy who has already been paid over $350 million to play baseball, the real estate thing is just a hobby. ARod has been paid $100 million more than Andrew Carnegie got selling Carnegie Steel to J.P. Morgan. Carnegie’s $250 million would now be worth $billions, so ARod has a lot of flipping to do.

13. deathmonkey41 - Dec 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM

It’s good to see the kid is making himself a little money.

14. mtr75 - Dec 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM

By what measure is his career almost over?

15. spc7ray - Dec 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Well he has made millions–He will make millions more–I guess that’s all that matters–IF YOU ARE A MITT ROMNEY_MARCO RUBIO et all or part of the 1%–I think ill take my own lifestyle–I wouldn’t want to be any of those kind of people

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester