John Goodman will be sad to see Turner Field go

Dec 16, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT

Turner Field

Save it. Yes, it’s a slow news day. But do know that John Goodman, who filmed scenes in Turner Field for “Trouble with the Curve” and “Flight,” doesn’t like that Turner Field is going to be knocked down:

“I hate to see it,” he said. “I’ve always liked the Ted. I’ve always liked the Braves, unless they’re playing my Cardinals . . . When I was in there the place seemed brand new,” Goodman said. “I got to every part of that field. I don’t know if it’s progress or what. It’s money. Like everything else, it boils down to money.”

This is what happens, Larry. This is what happens.

If the news doesn’t pick up today we’re going to have to ask John Turturro and Jon Polito for their opinions on the matter.

1. nymets4ever - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Turner Field…home of one of the most classless fanbases in MLB !

• leylandshospicenurse - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

What an idiot! What makes you an authority on classless fanbases? I have traveled to 17 stadiums while traveling for work and can say you’re wrong.

• nymets4ever - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Damn you sound mad…almost as mad as all those Atlanta fans throwing trash onto the field after the infield fly game against St Louis

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM

He’s been on here certifying his idiocy all morning. With a handle like that, he probably owes back rent to the Wilpoons and is working it off by making a brown bolus of himself hereabouts.

2. hittfamily - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Goodman’s costar in Trouble With the Curve is heartbroken t hear this. Clint Eastwood will now have to have a personal conversation with all 50,000 empty seats before they are lost forever.

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM

CGI can fill them in with a mouse click. Two clicks, they’ll all be tomahawk chopping.

3. joshftw - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps!

• Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Not a bad thing if his Saint Bernard is carrying a barrel of good whiskey.

4. mediocrebob - Dec 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Mets fans. Lmao.

5. Old Gator - Dec 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

It’s not surprising to see John Goodman sticking his nose into baseball. After watching him as that one-eyed Klansman in O Brother Where Art Thou, I always figured he would have made a great umpire in the Negro Leagues.

6. davidbrentfan - Dec 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I guess he took some time off from eating to offer his opinion.

7. gloccamorra - Dec 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Is there a reason Goodman’s cited screen credits left out “The Babe”, in which he portrayed Babe Ruth in a way we’ve never seen before?

8. misterj167 - Dec 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I for one am looking forward to the future Lester Maddox Stadium, or “The Mad” for short. I am also looking forward to hearing the complaints of the residents of Cobb County (haters of the federal government from which they derive their income) about what this private entity will eventually cost them.

9. Kevin Gillman - Dec 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM

He might be a good fit with this team too, and it looks like he is under our control for 3 years, being arbitration eligible for the next 2 years.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. R. Castillo (3639)