Dec 16, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Save it. Yes, it’s a slow news day. But do know that John Goodman, who filmed scenes in Turner Field for “Trouble with the Curve” and “Flight,” doesn’t like that Turner Field is going to be knocked down:
“I hate to see it,” he said. “I’ve always liked the Ted. I’ve always liked the Braves, unless they’re playing my Cardinals . . . When I was in there the place seemed brand new,” Goodman said. “I got to every part of that field. I don’t know if it’s progress or what. It’s money. Like everything else, it boils down to money.”
This is what happens, Larry. This is what happens.
If the news doesn’t pick up today we’re going to have to ask John Turturro and Jon Polito for their opinions on the matter.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17