Dec 16, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Save it. Yes, it’s a slow news day. But do know that John Goodman, who filmed scenes in Turner Field for “Trouble with the Curve” and “Flight,” doesn’t like that Turner Field is going to be knocked down:
“I hate to see it,” he said. “I’ve always liked the Ted. I’ve always liked the Braves, unless they’re playing my Cardinals . . . When I was in there the place seemed brand new,” Goodman said. “I got to every part of that field. I don’t know if it’s progress or what. It’s money. Like everything else, it boils down to money.”
This is what happens, Larry. This is what happens.
If the news doesn’t pick up today we’re going to have to ask John Turturro and Jon Polito for their opinions on the matter.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 53
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)