Dec 16, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Save it. Yes, it’s a slow news day. But do know that John Goodman, who filmed scenes in Turner Field for “Trouble with the Curve” and “Flight,” doesn’t like that Turner Field is going to be knocked down:
“I hate to see it,” he said. “I’ve always liked the Ted. I’ve always liked the Braves, unless they’re playing my Cardinals . . . When I was in there the place seemed brand new,” Goodman said. “I got to every part of that field. I don’t know if it’s progress or what. It’s money. Like everything else, it boils down to money.”
This is what happens, Larry. This is what happens.
If the news doesn’t pick up today we’re going to have to ask John Turturro and Jon Polito for their opinions on the matter.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 4
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)