Dec 17, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
That is, if you believe Page Six, which reports that A-Rod is set to tell-all in book form and that the two publishing giants are jockeying for the rights.
This makes me sad. It’s the first I’ve heard of this. As the Internet’s number one A-rod apologist, I would have at least thought I’d get a call for the chance to ghostwrite the thing. Oh well.
In reality, though: I bet A-Rod’s life and times are about 200% more banal than we could ever imagine possible and that any tell-all that comes from him at this point in his life — before he has any kind of perspective about what he’s been doing for the past 20 years or so — will be pretty lame.
I mean, maybe there’s a chance it’d be good, but I’m struggling to think of the last person who published a quckie score-settler while still in the middle of the controversy vortex who had anything at all interesting to say.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)