Dec 17, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
That is, if you believe Page Six, which reports that A-Rod is set to tell-all in book form and that the two publishing giants are jockeying for the rights.
This makes me sad. It’s the first I’ve heard of this. As the Internet’s number one A-rod apologist, I would have at least thought I’d get a call for the chance to ghostwrite the thing. Oh well.
In reality, though: I bet A-Rod’s life and times are about 200% more banal than we could ever imagine possible and that any tell-all that comes from him at this point in his life — before he has any kind of perspective about what he’s been doing for the past 20 years or so — will be pretty lame.
I mean, maybe there’s a chance it’d be good, but I’m struggling to think of the last person who published a quckie score-settler while still in the middle of the controversy vortex who had anything at all interesting to say.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)