Dec 17, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
That is, if you believe Page Six, which reports that A-Rod is set to tell-all in book form and that the two publishing giants are jockeying for the rights.
This makes me sad. It’s the first I’ve heard of this. As the Internet’s number one A-rod apologist, I would have at least thought I’d get a call for the chance to ghostwrite the thing. Oh well.
In reality, though: I bet A-Rod’s life and times are about 200% more banal than we could ever imagine possible and that any tell-all that comes from him at this point in his life — before he has any kind of perspective about what he’s been doing for the past 20 years or so — will be pretty lame.
I mean, maybe there’s a chance it’d be good, but I’m struggling to think of the last person who published a quckie score-settler while still in the middle of the controversy vortex who had anything at all interesting to say.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)