Dec 17, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
Mark Mulder is 36 years old and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2008, but that isn’t stopping him from seeking a major-league contract in his comeback attempt.
San Francisco general manager Brian Sabean dropped that tidbit on reporters today while explaining why the Giants haven’t signed Mulder. Basically the Giants contacted Mulder to express interest, he told them he wants a big-league deal, and they said no thanks.
It’s awfully hard to imagine any team committing a 40-man roster spot and guaranteed money to a guy who hasn’t been healthy and effective in the same season since 2005.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)