Dec 17, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
Mark Mulder is 36 years old and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2008, but that isn’t stopping him from seeking a major-league contract in his comeback attempt.
San Francisco general manager Brian Sabean dropped that tidbit on reporters today while explaining why the Giants haven’t signed Mulder. Basically the Giants contacted Mulder to express interest, he told them he wants a big-league deal, and they said no thanks.
It’s awfully hard to imagine any team committing a 40-man roster spot and guaranteed money to a guy who hasn’t been healthy and effective in the same season since 2005.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)