Dec 17, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
I like when teams play musical chairs with their Triple-A affiliates. It adds some sort of fun tension to the offseason. Who will be stuck with Las Vegas or New Orleans? How many years will a team be affiliated with one city before I stop thinking of them being affiliated with another? Fact: I still think of Evansville as the Tigers’ Triple-A team and I bet it’s been 30 years since that was the case.
Anyway, Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nats have ceased to be a serial Triple-A city team. They’re staying put in Syracuse for four more years.
And now we start the music again . . .
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)