Dec 17, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
I like when teams play musical chairs with their Triple-A affiliates. It adds some sort of fun tension to the offseason. Who will be stuck with Las Vegas or New Orleans? How many years will a team be affiliated with one city before I stop thinking of them being affiliated with another? Fact: I still think of Evansville as the Tigers’ Triple-A team and I bet it’s been 30 years since that was the case.
Anyway, Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nats have ceased to be a serial Triple-A city team. They’re staying put in Syracuse for four more years.
And now we start the music again . . .
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 8
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 15
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)