Dec 17, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
When the Tribe talked to Tampa Bay, names mentioned by the Rays were Carlos Santana and Danny Salazar. I was told those two were starting points, and the Rays also wanted some top minor league prospects. I heard Francisco Lindor’s name also was mentioned.
An all-star caliber catcher, a totally promising 23 year-old starter and multiple top prospects? For what will almost certainly be a rental? Fat chance.
If this is at all typical of what the Rays are asking for David Price in a trade, David Price is not going to be traded.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 3
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)