Dec 17, 2013, 9:22 AM EST
“Ground ball to Jeter, he tosses it to Roberts, Roberts relays it to Teixeira and . . . oh, man. All three of them broke their hips.”
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) December 17, 2013
I guess you have to have someone play second base or else there’d be a lot more singles to right. But this is a pretty icky signing if you ask me. Roberts has very little durability and has been ineffective since, basically, 2009. As Aaron noted last night, Roberts has played a total of 192 games in the past four seasons. His line over that time is .246/.310/.359.
But hey, the Travis Hafner signing worked out so well last year, why not replicate the model?
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40