Dec 17, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
“Ground ball to Jeter, he tosses it to Roberts, Roberts relays it to Teixeira and . . . oh, man. All three of them broke their hips.”
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) December 17, 2013
I guess you have to have someone play second base or else there’d be a lot more singles to right. But this is a pretty icky signing if you ask me. Roberts has very little durability and has been ineffective since, basically, 2009. As Aaron noted last night, Roberts has played a total of 192 games in the past four seasons. His line over that time is .246/.310/.359.
But hey, the Travis Hafner signing worked out so well last year, why not replicate the model?
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)