Dec 17, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Roberts was once among the best all-around second basemen in baseball for the Orioles–consistently hitting for high batting averages with tons of doubles and stolen bases–but concussions and other injuries derailed his career beginning in 2010.
In the four seasons since then he’s played a grand total of 192 games, including 77 games this year while hitting .249 with eight homers and a .704 OPS at age 35.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)