Dec 17, 2013, 12:05 AM EDT
Roberts was once among the best all-around second basemen in baseball for the Orioles–consistently hitting for high batting averages with tons of doubles and stolen bases–but concussions and other injuries derailed his career beginning in 2010.
In the four seasons since then he’s played a grand total of 192 games, including 77 games this year while hitting .249 with eight homers and a .704 OPS at age 35.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17