Dec 18, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
Ibanez hasn’t posted a batting average above .250 since 2010 and makes a ton of outs, but he also smacked 29 homers in just 124 games for the Mariners this year. Presumably the Angels will limit him mostly to designated hitter duties, because Ibanez’s outfield defense is brutal at this point.
Looking at the Angels’ current lineup possibilities, Ibanez’s left-handed bat figures to fit in the cleanup spot behind Albert Pujols or, if Josh Hamilton is playing well, in the sixth spot behind David Freese.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)