Dec 18, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Carlos Beltran‘s three-year, $45 million deal with the Yankees still hasn’t been officially announced nearly two weeks later, so Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York asked general manager Brian Cashman what’s up.
There are terms to do, physicals to take, items to be worked out when you do a contract … There’s no scoop here. Nothing’s falling apart. I don’t have time to deal with stupid questions like this.
Matthews then naturally reads into Cashman’s terse response, speculating that it means something weird might be going on with the Beltran deal. Maybe, but generally speaking the Yankees tend to take their sweet time making deals official. Been that way for years.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)