Dec 18, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
After a year spent in Japan veteran third baseman/first baseman Casey McGehee is headed back to America to sign with the Marlins, according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald.
McGehee took a $1.5 million deal in Japan following back-to-back terrible seasons in the majors and helped the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles to the league championship by hitting .289 with 27 homers in a lineup that also included Andruw Jones.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that McGehee’s deal with the Marlins is worth $1.1 million plus incentives.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (103)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)