Dec 18, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Livan Hernandez earned more than $50 million during his 17-season career, including a million bucks as recently as 2012, but now he’s selling his stuff.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that Hernandez is auctioning off his championship ring and MVP award from the 1997 World Series with the Marlins, both with $5,000 reserve bids.
Among the other items Hernandez is selling off are his NL championship ring from 2002 with the Giants and his 2004 silver slugger award. No word yet on whether the golf club he made headlines with in 2003 will be available as well.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)