Dec 18, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Livan Hernandez earned more than $50 million during his 17-season career, including a million bucks as recently as 2012, but now he’s selling his stuff.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that Hernandez is auctioning off his championship ring and MVP award from the 1997 World Series with the Marlins, both with $5,000 reserve bids.
Among the other items Hernandez is selling off are his NL championship ring from 2002 with the Giants and his 2004 silver slugger award. No word yet on whether the golf club he made headlines with in 2003 will be available as well.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)