Dec 18, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Livan Hernandez earned more than $50 million during his 17-season career, including a million bucks as recently as 2012, but now he’s selling his stuff.
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that Hernandez is auctioning off his championship ring and MVP award from the 1997 World Series with the Marlins, both with $5,000 reserve bids.
Among the other items Hernandez is selling off are his NL championship ring from 2002 with the Giants and his 2004 silver slugger award. No word yet on whether the golf club he made headlines with in 2003 will be available as well.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (126)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)