Dec 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
According to Rojas the deal also includes $2 million in potential incentives after Gutierrez spent the past three seasons mostly on the disabled list with an assortment of injuries. This year he played just 41 games, but showed good power when healthy enough to be in the lineup and is still just 31 years old.
Gutierrez once looked capable of being one of the better all-around center fielders in the league, but at this point he looks slated for a part-time role.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)