Dec 18, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
According to Rojas the deal also includes $2 million in potential incentives after Gutierrez spent the past three seasons mostly on the disabled list with an assortment of injuries. This year he played just 41 games, but showed good power when healthy enough to be in the lineup and is still just 31 years old.
Gutierrez once looked capable of being one of the better all-around center fielders in the league, but at this point he looks slated for a part-time role.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)